Sitting limits your ability! We knew it already. So, the whole concentration goes on the adverse health effects of sitting and how you can solve them. It also causes a higher demand for standing desks in the market. People tend to buy these standing desks to avoid all health issues attached to excessive sitting. Do you know that too much standing is also not good for your health?
Face the truth – you cannot stand all day long while working. Some job professions require employees to stand always, and workers have shown some serious health issues for too-long standing. So, if you have decided to buy a standing desk, think again and choose the right option for your health.
How can standing be a problem?
Too much standing is always avoidable. Experts believe that you should change your body position frequently to avoid pain and other health issues. When you are standing, your body has a fewer position to change. These positions are also very rigid. So, when you are standing too long, you have restrictions to move. This lack of flexibility causes health problems.
Muscular strain is a common issue caused by too much standing while you work. Besides, people also experience problems like inflammation of the veins, which can be turned into painful varicose veins. When you are standing excessively, it immobilizes the joints in the spine, hips, knees, and feet. It also causes damage to your tendons and ligaments.
How To Design Your Workplace Heath-Friendly?
Adjustable working desks:
Workers must adjust the desk’s working height as per their body’s size, which helps them choose the well-balanced body position for their work. If the desk is not adjustable, there should be platforms for shorter workers to raise the height or use the pedestals on top of the desk for tall workers.
The space organization:
To make your working environment health-supportive, you need to ensure there is enough space to move around. When you are free to change your body position, you can also avoid many different health issues attached to standing. When you have elbow support, the chances of developing tension in the upper arms will also decrease. Keep everything at your arm’s length to avoid twisting and bending.
Use a chair:
When you have a chair, you have a choice to sit or stand while working. So, try to keep a chair near your desk. If the job requires standing only, there should be a chair to help workers sit occasionally. It increases their flexibility.
Quick Fixes Of The Problems:
So, it is now clear that too much standing is as dangerous for your health as excessive sitting is. We suggest that you must change your working position frequently to avoid any strain on muscles and tissues.
Don’t bend or stretch extremely, as these can cause pain in your body. Take a break and relax during your work as it will improve your creativity.
Studies that prove excessive standing is bad for your health:
Maintaining a single body position for too long is harmful, whether it is sitting or standing. The scientists from Curtin University Australia came up with the study that showed adults experienced an increase in whole-body discomfort after standing for 2 hours.
So, people who use a standing desk must change their body position frequently to avoid any discomfort.
What Can You Do To Reduce The Discomfort?
There are a few things that you can follow to avoid health issues while working in a standing position. We help you quickly set up your workstation so that you can evenly distribute your body weight. Follow these tips:
- The height of the desk should match your body’s dimension. Consider the elbow height to adjust the workstation.
- Organize your space so that you have an easy reach to every tool to use for work.
- Face the object of the work.
- Adjust your space so that you can move around.
- Use a seat while working.
How NextErgo Will Help You?
NextErgo introduces an innovative approach with which you can turn your working environment health-friendly. Here is a complete detail if you are thinking about how a desk can solve your excessive sitting or standing issue related to your job.
- NextErgo offers a smart standing desk that allows you to sit or stand in between your work.
- You can easily set up your standing position. Opt for the micro-adjust that easily offers you the most comfortable standing position. You can also set your standing height considering the keyboard and mouse below your hand level.
- Similarly, you can also adjust your sitting position to get the most comfortable height to work.
- NextErgo Smart Desk will move up until it touches your palm to get the best height.
- Maintaining the right posture is essential, and the desk corrects your posture in some simple techniques. It shows that you need to place your wrist at or below the elbow level. While standing, stand vertically straight.
- An ergonomic chair will support your upper neck to avoid any neck pain.
- Select your standing goals and work freely with NextErgo.
NextErgo is a coveted US-based company that aims at turning a monotonous working life smarter by offering extraordinary features that helped an employee work in a healthier environment.
We tried to replace your traditional desks with smart standing desks with innovative features that offer you a dynamic work environment.
- AI technology will offer you a healthier working environment by alerting you about your health requirement during your work.
- Desk activities allow you to stay active by following easy exercises at your desks.
- Presence detection uses thermal imaging technology to tell your sitting or standing time accurately.
- Usage reports also track your goals and analyze your achievements.
- The desk is integrated with the smart speaker, and you can also use Google Assistance to control the features.
Our customer care support is always open to you. To solve your query, we will be happy to help you.