Sitting all day long is dangerous for your health. But do you know how harmful too much sitting is? The information is for those who are still unaware of what excessive sitting causes. This sitting habit can be deadly if you do not change it.
Here, we discuss how too long sitting damages your health. If your job ties you with a chair all day long, you must change your work environment. Movement is important, no matter wherever you are. A single body position will affect your health and body. Excessive sitting is harmful to your health, from head to toe.
You must use your legs to make them strong. But, sitting too long weakens the strength of your lower body part. You are not using the power of your legs to hold you up. So, the muscle strength gets poor, and it increases the risk of injury.
When you move, your body also processes the fat and sugar you eat. But, excessive sitting lowers the sugar and fat processing of the body. You end up gaining weight.
Tight hips and bad back:
Anxiety and depression:
Sitting does not spare your mental health. Depression and anxiety are common issues for people who sit all day long. Since your brain lacks the benefits of fitness, it makes you anxious and depressed more. You can reduce these risks by doing regular exercises.
Excessive sitting affects your heart. A study revealed that too much sitting increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Diabetes is becoming a rapidly growing disease, and it has a direct connection with your sitting. It increases the insulin resistance that causes diabetes.
Too long sitting interrupts blood flow in your leg, causing varicose veins. Veins start collecting blood instead of circulating to your heart. The veins get enlarged.
Stiff shoulder and neck:
You will experience stiffness in your shoulder and neck when you sit for a long time, especially if you bend extremely to your computer screen.
How to ignore a long sitting period?
So, too much sitting causes so many health problems that you cannot ignore. You are putting your health at risk if you always sit. Here are some quick solutions that help you avoid too long sitting. These tips are easy to maintain. Concentrate on a few things when you are at work.
- Take a break in every 30 minutes.
- Stand when you are on phone calls.
- Use the farthest restroom from your desk.
- Take a walking meeting
- Move around your office during the lunch break.
How NextErgo Will Cut Your Sitting Time Short?
NextErgo Smart Desk can sit or stand as per your requirement. So, you can stay relaxed at work by changing your body position. This NextErgo Smart Standing Desk will alert you when to sit or stand during your work hour.
We not only cut your sitting time short, but we also tell you how to sit or stand correctly. We researched ergonomics and included a posture correction feature.
Posture is all about how you hold your body. Our touchscreen shows you stand vertically straight while you work standing. When you sit, keep your back straight. Your upper back must touch your chair to avoid neck or shoulder strain.
To help you correct your posture, we use advanced hand level detection technology that sets a proper desk height for your requirement
How to setup sitting or standing NextErgo Desk Heights?
- Sit in an ergonomic chair comfortably. The desk height will go down as per your hand level detection.
- When you are standing, the desk height will go up to touch your palm.
- The advanced hand level detection feature helps you adjust the desk height.
- You can move the desk height up or down by inserting the number on the touchscreen also.
NextErgo smart standing desk is built with the most advanced technologies. We worked with ergonomics experts, the best software developers, and successful engineers to design the smart desk. The advanced features are telling the story of our journey.
- With the presence detection, the desk records your sitting or standing time to help you achieve your standing goals.
- The desk’s voice control combines with Google Assistant to use your voice commands. With the presence detection technology, the desk detects your presence for accurate tracking of sitting vs. standing goals.
- The 8-inch tablet will show you news in your area and will help you with different visual instructions.
- AI fitness recommendation alerts you when to sit, stand, exercise, take a break, eat healthy snacks, and more.
- The goal tracking feature records your activity and shows you the details through charts and graphs.
- Desk Exercises keep you active by showing you easy-to-follow steps for your exercise.
If you want more details about our desk, we will be happy to share information with you. To pre-book our desk, visit us online.