Our job does not allow us to leave the chair. Sitting all day is the requirement of our work. But, our health does not understand that requirement. It starts showing us the signs of health problems caused by excessive sitting. If you want to break this monotonous, unhealthy work routine, follow some easy tips to keep you fit without compromising your work.
A tough work schedule binds you to your desk always. But, to avoid health problems associated with prolonged sitting, you can include some healthy activities. Here, we are talking about some small changes in your work-life that help you get a healthy working environment. Be consistent in following these tips, and you will soon notice positive changes in your work.
- Take hourly breaks: A quick walk every hour will help you move. You can release your muscle stress. Use the farthest restroom or visit a colleague’s desk for discussion to move around your office.
- Stretch or move: If you have no place to go, stretch yourself at your desk. Touch your toes or stand up. You can do some quick desk exercises for your back, neck, and hands.
- Have a meeting while you walk: Meeting while you walk is changing the traditional working scenario. People have started accepting an active working environment for their health. This start is crucial.
- Take the stairs: Everyone talks about this. Taking stairs is good for your health, especially when you spend all day sitting.
- Walk at lunch: Divide your lunch hour between the eating and the walking time. Use your break-time wisely.
- Wake up early: Start your day with yoga and activities. A good start energizes you to maintain an active work-life.
- Set reminders: Use your phone or computer to remind you of your activities every hour. You can stretch or move in between your works.
- Organize your time: Organizing your time will give you space for managing your health. Stay organized at work.
- Hydrate yourself: Drink enough water while you work. It keeps your body hydrated and helps you avoid unhealthy snacks.
- Exercise at work for staying active: Do not ignore the benefits of exercise at work. Exercising helps you in countless ways. Desk exercises do not include tough movements. They are simple, and you can easily do them at your desk.
The benefits of exercises at work:
- It makes you more productive.
- It improves your creativity.
- It makes you more attentive.
Activity tips for those who do Work from Home
The outbreak of COVID-19 forced many people to stay at home and continue their work. The ‘Work from Home’ culture has become the “New Normal.” But, it does not change you. So, if you are doing work from home, you can include some healthy tips to keep you active.
Maintain a fixed routine: Plan your office work within the fixed time routine. Try to complete your work as per the schedule. Because it is your home, not your office, therefore ‘Work from Home’ culture has many obstacles. So, plan your whole day accordingly and take refreshment breaks within your works.
Move away from your desk at lunch: Don’t eat your lunch at your desk. Movement is important for your health. Visit your kitchen or dining room for food.
Learn on-the-spot exercises: At your home, you are free to do exercises without being self-conscious about what your colleagues may think about you. So, stretch yourself every hour to relax your muscle.
Use ergonomic chairs: You can avoid back pain or body strain caused by excessive sitting by buying an ergonomic chair and sit comfortably.
How will NextErgo keep you active?
NextErgo designs the Smart Standing Desk to helps you to be active at work. Whether you are at home or the office, the desk will offer you the ease of working from everywhere. Built with posture correction and AI, it recommends healthy activities that you can perform at your desk.
If you continue your ‘Work from Home’ culture, gift yourself with this Smart Desk that takes care of your health when you are busy at work. How? Let’s explain.
- The Smart Standing Desk has posture correction technology that helps you correct your sitting or standing posture.
- The 8-inch HD touchscreen gives you visual advice about how to sit or stand correctly.
- The standing goal helps you set your standing-time accurately.
- The advanced hand level detection technology sets the right desk height for you without your manual control.
- The AI fitness recommendations give you alerts on when to sit, stand, exercise, drink, eat a healthy snack, take a break, and more.
- The desk exercise includes some easiest steps to relax your hands, legs, eyes, neck, and shoulders at work.
With all these features, NextErgo has become the smartest desk ever built in the market. The company dedicatedly worked on solving the real problems faced by workers for too long sitting or standing. Ergonomics remains the center of the design. The other advanced features that garnered unique attention in the market are:
- News alert that informs you about the things happening around you.
- Voice Control feature that uses a voice control to read your command. The voice control is integrated with Google Assistant.
- Usage reports show your activity at the desk in graphs so that you can plan your productivity better.
NextErgo Smart Standing Desk comes up with never-seen-before technologies. They are smarter than sit-stand desks that need your manual control to operate. If you are interested in our product, we will be happy to share more details with you. Please visit our website.