If your office space does not allow you to exercise in between your work, learn some easy-to-do desk exercises to keep yourself active all day.
Do you exercise at work? Probably no. Most of the work environment does not allow you to exercise during your work time, causing so many health issues. Movement at work is necessary as it not just keeps you active but also improves your job performance. Employers must concentrate on the subject to get better work from employees.
Exercise at work is possible, and many companies have adopted a workout time to make workers relaxed and happy. But, they are very few in numbers, and more companies should adopt this workout time in the daily job routine globally.
Health issues associated with physical inactivity at work:
An uninterrupted sitting all day long is not a healthy thing for you. No matter wherever you are, doing simple exercises will keep you protected from several health issues.
Research done by Morris and co-workers in 1950 revealed that bus drivers had a greater risk of coronary heart disease than the bus conductor. Many studies have been done after that. They have all linked physical inactivity to some severe health issues like cardiovascular disorder, type II diabetes, obesity, cancer, high blood pressure, and musculoskeletal disorders.
Obesity is a health issue with too much body fat, and it is different from overweight. When you eat more calories than you burn, you become obese. The reason for it is physical inactivity.
High blood pressure:
It is the pressure of the blood against the wall of the arteries. It does not have any sign to make you alert. The systolic pressure is the highest blood pressure when your heartbeats and diastolic pressure is when your heart rests in between the beats. 120/80 is the standard pressure, but high blood pressure is when you have 140/90 or above.
Depression and anxiety:
Depression and anxiety are common in professional life. Physical inactivity at work also contributes to making you depressed and anxious.
How does an inactive life affect your health?
It is about science. When you understand the reason for the health problems, you can handle them better. The lack of movement at work stops you from burning calories, and you will gain weight. Since you are not using your muscle that much, you will also lose the muscles’ strength, causing pain and strain.
Also, your metabolism gets weaker, affecting the breakdown of fats and sugars. You will have poor blood circulation, more inflammation, and a hormonal imbalance due to this inactive life.
The benefits of introducing exercises at work:
You will get countless benefits when you exercise at work. We cannot resist ourselves from explaining them to you.
Helps you manage your chronic stress:
When you exercise, your body can regulate the release of the stress hormone in a better way. When you exercise, the stress hormone drops, and your anxiety fades away. You will feel more relaxed for the day.
Improve your performance:
Exercise triggers a few essential body performances, such as concentration, alertness, decision making, and multitasking ability. It will improve your performance at work. Due to the increase in cerebral blood flow, your cognitive power will also increase.
Less absence from work:
Absences from work are common, and mostly the reason is a deteriorating health issue. Pain and stress make you feel unhealthy. So, exercise can also reduce your absent days from work.
What can you do to exercise at work?
IF you don’t get time to exercise because of work pressure, you can do simple exercises at the office. We have some great solutions for this. Check them and try to include them in your work life.
- Stand or walk during a conference call.
- Use the farthest restroom from your desk as that allows you to move.
- Take the stairs.
- Walk during your lunch break.
So, this way you can make yourself active during your work. Employers must adopt some exercise routines for their employees. If not possible, they must try to make the environment health-supportive to move and change their body position during their work.
NextErgo will make your work-life better:
Many people believe that technologies make our life more inactive, that they reduce our physical work and lead us to a sedentary life. Contrary to this belief, NextErgo promises to offer a far better and active work life with the innovatively designed smart-standing desks.
The desk will change your work experience completely. This smart standing desk comes with AI and more advanced technologies that turn your monotonous job exciting. NextErgo makes the ‘exercise at work possible‘ without redesigning your working environment. How? Let us explain.
- You can sit or stand at the desk during your work.
- It sets up your sitting or standing goals, depending on your height, weight, and BMI.
- It gives you an AI alert when you need to sit or stand to change the body movement.
- It allows you to do desk exercises in between your work. The touch screen will show you some easy-to-follow steps to stretch yourself so that you can keep yourself active.
The exercises that you can do with NextErgo Smart Desk are:
- Back exercise: you can ease your back pain by stretching your back as per the instructions.
- Eye exercise: reduce eye strain with simple eye movements shown by NextErgo Smart Desk.
- Hand exercises: get relief from stiff fingers, hands, and wrists with these exercises.
- Neck exercises: relieve your pain from your neck with simple steps of neck exercises.
- Shoulder exercises: relax your shoulder and prevent pain by following the exercise instructions.
Besides allowing you to exercise at work, NextErgo smart standing desk takes care of your complete health during your work through advanced technologies. The company is born to solve employees’ common ergonomic problems these days, and we are also successful in making our promises true.
The features earn appreciations from the users are:
- Artificial Intelligence offers employees a healthier life by showing an alert on when to sit, stand, eat healthy snacks, take a break, do exercises, and a lot more.
- Easy control that helps you access all the features through the touch screen or the voice control.
- Standing Goal that recommends you a standing goal by measuring BMI according to height and weight.
- Presence detection that uses thermal imaging technology for showing accurate sitting or standing time.
- Posture correction that corrects your sitting or standing posture using the hand and eye level detection technology.
We tried to offer you the best things for your work. To know more things about us, feel free to contact us.